West Virginia Executive Branch
Tip: New Website and Resources
The West Virginia Privacy Office has a new website at http://www.privacy.wv.gov to assist West Virginia Executive Branch Departments, and their employees in accessing the latest information for Privacy. We welcome you to become familiar with our website and its many resources. Weekly tips are posted on the home page.
In addition to new laws, over the next several months we will be highlighting policies that affect us all. These are:
- Individual Rights
- Minimum and Necessary and Limited Use
- Consent and Authorization
- Security Safeguards
We will be providing important updates to you regarding new West Virginia and federal laws including:
- Red Flag Rules to protect against identity theft for consumer accounts
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- Real ID Act of 2005
- Breach of Security of Consumer Information Act
- West Virginia Ratification of the National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact
NOTE: Your agency/bureau/department/division may have specific requirements – always check your policies and procedures. If you have questions, contact your Privacy Official.